A traditional Nordic spirit of tranquil unsung fortitude.
Notes of dill, caraway, anise & citrus with a hint of the ocean from locally harvested winged kelp (Alaria marginata).
CASC 2018 CANADIAN ARTISAN SPIRIT OF THE YEAR AND BEST IN CLASS
SAN FRANCISCO WORLD SPIRITS COMPETITION 2017 BRONZE MEDAL
B.C. DISTILLED 2017 1st PLACE APERITIF AUDIENCE FAVOURITES
CASC Judges' tasting notes:
- A lively spray of fresh dill on the nose, with a hint of bitter bark/seed. Gorgeously round rye bread flavours of caraway and toast.
- Finish goes on and on, with an almost molasses-like sweet-bitter note, and palate-warming spice.
- Classic, clean and beautiful example of akvavit with loads of caraway and dill, rich texture, lingering finish.
- Rich, brilliant, oily. Excellent mouthfeel with a good body that carries the caraway flavour notes.
- Deliciously herbal, intense but ringing like the peel of a bell. Mouth-coating texture. Flawless balance, love the match-up of weight, alcohol and intense flavour.